Friday 27 July 2012

Working like a dog

Hey so we're just working... and working.
I did leave Omer alone for a week so he worked whole days... When I say whole days I mean 20 hours in a day with 4 hours left over to stop yourself going mad and to remind yourself what your name is.
He forgives me. I relieved him for a day or two with Andrew assisting me

I came back and got straight back into it.
The night shifts, the early mornings... All that prep and making of... sandwiches.
Sandwiches....   The bread and butter of our business consisting of two slices of bread, spread and filling.
The Hackney Belly started out on these simple yet world known goodies. Used in your kids packed lunch or in your posh afternoon tea at The Wolsley.

Soon, we will have our deli and be known for other things other than sandwiches... amazing dishes and preserves. fresh greens groceries from your local allotment. Great Coffee... music and good times at The Hackney Belly!

Unfortunately, the premises we hoped to bag in Hackney is looking less likely to happen... I won't go into detail but the way the deal hs been going it's probably safer for us to duck out of the mess as we just don't have the big budget bank to deal with it if it all goes down... I think a pub or wine bar... even big brand business's could survive the whole deal that changes daily.

Good news for now is that we may be able to start working in our own kitchen next week!
Instead of sharing with Artisan Foods and German Deli... getting in their way and also working round their clock which gets in our way.
We'll finally get our own space!!!

Small steps make big waves (yep cheesy whatever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment