Tuesday 26 June 2012

A lil boring history about me feel free to skip...

So I'm 15 years old and I'm going on and on about starting up my own Cafe... stupidly looking at Ikea catalogues and wondering how much I could get if I saved x amount of pocket money...
years go by... 
I'm 19 moving out of my parents place getting distracted working in a call centre.... years go by again and I'm trying to start a band and then 22 years old working 9-5 for Southwark council call centre... then make up artist ... then I'm in Canary Wharf working as a Junior Marketing Exec. 
I'm 24ish starting a small events business with friends that was fun but expensive and went down like a sinking ship and ruined a friendship or two... worked as a personal Assistant....I also ended up nearly dying from a near fatal asthma attack... hospital for 9 days with hospital staff repeatedly telling me I was lucky to be alive.

I had enough....

I'm 26 and I still want to have my own cafe... only this time a Deli Cafe (after realising London was being submerged and over saturated in Gourmet Cafe's of deliciousness)

I was given the best advice by a friend "if you want to start a business you have to work in the industry" soooo I spent a year or two working on Artisan food's Market stalls, worked as a baking assistant for Nutmeg Frog for a year, working as a Deli Chef doing 80 to 100 hours a week for York and Albany for over a year and then worked as a Barista, shop assistant and occasional Commis Chef at La Fromagerie...

I'm now 30 years old and have been given the best opportunity to start my own Deli Cafe with my good Friend Omer and Klaus my old boss and the owner of Artisan Foods and co-owner of Prufrock cafe.

To basically start up supplying a cafe with our delicious food and getting a guaranteed income for the business, to sell our yummy goodies on markets and to start building up slowly before we can then get a retail property and start our amazing Deli! 

Today I am no longer employed but self-employed.
I'll be working constantly, there is no holiday pay, there is no sick days this is our business and I'm so happy and excited!!!!

This could all go to shit it's early days but I wanted to show that people can do it... Yes it's scary but anything is possible if you work your ass off and you love doing it x

No comments:

Post a Comment