Wednesday 27 June 2012

So now we start ordering stuff

Cycling from Pimlico to Hackney Wick will be a small thing after a while...
That's what I'm telling myself after the supposed 47 minutes it says it takes on the cyclestreet app I have on my phone turned into 1 hour and 15 mins counting my stopping every so often to check the app on my phone to see where I was and then the turning around from where ever I ended up after cycling too far from my chosen destination...


So after an hour and 15 mins of panting in the humid city...I meet Omer at the unit in Hackney Wick and we start going through the order list from one of our suppliers....going through all the items and prices and inputting it all onto a spreadsheet that Omer has set up that calculates everything all our spending for us. 
He's clever like that.


We took a break and went for lunch at The Hackney Pearl. 
We had a well earned flat white, Mezze platter and a pint of prawns followed by a cookie each.


As I arrived back at the unit I was greeted by one of the unit mousers, Willy! The cutest kitty mouser ever. So very friendly and ready to play. Of course I took 100 pictures and uploaded them instantly (if you're on my facebook then you've already been attacked by many instagram kitty updates) so took an extended break stroking and playing with the young mouser...while Omer placed the orders from suppliers
Next was buying equipment. Luckily one of Klaus's units which he has been happy to share with us til our working area is up and ready has a few appliances available for us to use...but we still need a few things like a meat grinder for Falafal making and a bike trailer for transporting lovely goodies.


Found one online at Stratford Argos ready to be picked up so away we went eagerly and excited about our first Deli owned equipment to use for our very own delicious Falafal and Red Pepper sauce.  As soon as we collected our new appliance I got giddy. Omer couldn't wait to take her home and test out the ready and waiting chickpeas.


Omer left me at The Hackney Pearl where Andrew (my patient other half) was working away from work with the gift of wifi.
We immediately ordered our dinner of Carrot, Cumin and Orange soup followed by Schnitzel and slaw and a side of Anya Potatoes.


Which have arrived so I'm going to enjoy them so see ya! x



No comments:

Post a Comment